Last updated: Feb 2021
Curious about how Lemon Spaces uses data?
For the purpose of this Policy, “Personal Information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual.
1. What Personal Information Do We Collect About You?
Where applicable, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your Personal Information, as well as the consequences of failing to do so. If you do not provide Personal Information when requested, you may not be able to benefit from our Services if that information is necessary to provide you with them or if we are legally required to collect it. We may collect Personal Information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Services.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT DIRECTLY FROM YOU.
- Registration and check-in. When you register with us through the Services or become a Lemon Spaces member through the Services (“Member”) to book an accommodation at a Lemon Spaces unit (“Accommodation”), we will ask you for certain Personal Information including your name, phone number, email address, password, date of birth, and booking information. We will also ask for your email address and password when you register as a Lemon Spaces service partner via our Apps. You may be asked to provide a picture and ID for identity verification purposes at registration or check-in.
- Payment Information. If you make a purchase through the Services, your payment related information, such as credit card number or billing information, is collected by our third party payment processor on our behalf.
- Administration and personalization of your Lemon Spaces Account profile. We may collect any Personal Information you provide to us as part of the administration and personalization of your Lemon Spaces account (“Lemon Spaces Account”) profile. You may voluntarily provide us with information about yourself so that we can personalize your stays with us.
- Communications. If you contact us directly (e.g., via email, SMS, phone call, in-app messaging), we will collect your name, contact details, the content, date and time of your message and any attachments thereto, and other information you may directly provide to us. You may choose to submit your email address and phone number on our Site to receive our updates. You may also provide us with your reviews of our Services or complete surveys regarding our Services.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH US.
- Customer service. If you reach out to us with inquiries or requests, we will keep a record of how your inquiry or request was handled.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY.
- Online usage data. We may automatically collect the following information about your use of our Services through cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies: your domain name; your browser type; operating system type, name, and version; page views; links you click; your IP address; location information; the length of time you visit or use our Services; referring URL; access date and time; mobile device ID; language information; device name and model; and other information about your activities within the Services and communications that we send you. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information. Where required under applicable law, we will only perform such data collection with your consent.
- Property usage data. We automatically collect your Lemon Spaces stay history (e.g., to identify a return guest). We may also automatically collect information regarding the use of an Accommodation (e.g., when a door was unlocked). We also register noise levels via a noise detection system installed in Accommodations (which only registers decibel levels, not conversations) and may use or have access to security cameras in certain common areas of buildings housing our Accommodations (e.g., in lobbies or monitoring public entrances). Where required under applicable law, we will only collect property usage data with your consent.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM THIRD PARTIES.
- Third party accounts. We may obtain Personal Information about you from third party authentication and social networking services (“SNS”), such as Facebook, Google and LinkedIn, to link your Lemon Spaces Account with third party accounts (“Third Party Account”) by either: (i) providing your Third Party Account login information to Lemon Spaces through the Service; or (ii) allowing Lemon Spaces to access your Third Party Account, as is permitted under the applicable terms and conditions that govern your use of each Third Party Account. We may receive from such third parties the following types of Personal Information:
- Facebook: ID, cover photo, email, first name, last name, age range, link, gender, location, picture, timezone, date of last update, user verification.
- Google: Google ID, name, profile URL, email address.
- LinkedIn: basic profile, email address.
- We may also receive any other information you authorize Lemon Spaces to access by authorizing the SNS to provide such information.
2. How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To operate, provide, and maintain our Services, to communicate with you about our Services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill our contract with you, to complete your transactions, and for other customer service purposes.
- To link your Lemon Spaces Account with Third Party Accounts to add information from Third Party Accounts to your Lemon Spaces Account and Lemon Spaces Account profile page. Depending on the Third Party Accounts you choose and subject to the privacy settings that you have set in such Third Party Accounts, you understand that by granting us access to the Third Party Accounts, we will access, make available and store (if applicable and as permitted by the SNS and authorized by you) the information in your Third Party Accounts so that it is available on and through your Lemon Spaces Account on the Site and Service.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our Services, including personalizing your Lemon Spaces Account profile and identifying you as a return guest to provide products or services to you according to your preferences or restrictions (e.g., by turning on the air conditioner or filling the refrigerator according to your preferences). We may also tailor our Services and communications on the basis of your Site browsing history. Where required under applicable law, we will only use your Personal Information for such purposes with your consent.
- To contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you relating to Lemon Spaces or its partners, via email, SMS and phone calls. Where required under applicable law, we will only send you marketing communications with your consent. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Services on third party websites.
- For quality assurance purposes.
- To solicit a review from you.
- To better understand how users access and use our Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve the quality and value of our Services, provide you with a better experience, and develop new Services, and for other research and analytical purposes.
- To find and prevent fraud and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise.
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency.
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
3. When We Use Personal Information About You
- Consent. You have consented to the use of your Personal Information, for example for marketing purposes or to track your online activities via cookies and similar technologies.
- Contract. We need your Personal Information to provide you with our Services, for example for account registration and management or to respond to your inquiries.
- Legal obligation. We have a legal obligation to use your Personal Information, for example to comply with tax and accounting obligations, or anti-terrorism laws.
- Legitimate interest. We or a third party have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information for product development and internal analytics purposes, and otherwise to improve the safety, security, and performance of our Services. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your Personal Information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
4. How We Share Your Personal Information
We may employ third party companies and individuals to support our Services. We do not sell or otherwise disclose your Personal Information for purposes unrelated to our Services, unless otherwise described in this Policy or disclosed to you at the time your Personal Information is collected or shared. We may share your Personal Information under the following circumstances:
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect about you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your Personal Information will be subject to this Policy.
- Service providers. We may disclose Personal Information we collect about you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf, including to facilitate our Services, to provide the Services on our behalf, to perform Site-related services (e.g., maintenance services, database management, web analytics, fraud detection services relating to the activity of Lemon Spaces Users and improvement of the Site’s features), to perform background checks, to send marketing communications, to manage job applications that we receive via the career page on our Site, to aggregate reviews, or to assist us in analyzing how our Site and Services are used. We require these service providers to safeguard the privacy of Personal Information they process on our behalf.
- Advertising and analytics partners. We may share Personal Information about you with third party advertising partners to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you. We may also share information about the use of our Site and Services with third parties for analytics purposes.
- Business transfers. Lemon Spaces may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
- Compliance with laws and law enforcement; guarantee program. Lemon Spaces cooperates with government and law enforcement officials (e.g., immigration offices, customs authorities, anti-terrorism authorities) and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose your Personal Information to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Lemon Spaces or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials and to our insurance services providers as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to protect the property and rights of Lemon Spaces or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
- Consent. We may also disclose your Personal Information with your permission. For example, with your consent, we may post your testimonial on the Site along with your name. If you would like your testimonial removed please contact us.
5. Children’s Privacy
The Site is not directed to individuals under 16. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 16. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us via the information provided in the “Contact Us” section, below. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.
6. Data Security
Lemon Spaces is very concerned with safeguarding your Personal Information. When you enter particularly sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our registration or reservation forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Site and Services, you can contact us. We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored “personal data” (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on the Site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to Lemon Spaces. Safeguarding Personal Information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your Lemon Spaces Account ID, login password, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited email or telephone communication.
8. Data Retention
We take measures to delete your Personal Information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it, unless we are required by law to keep this information for a longer period. When determining the retention period, we take into account various criteria, such as the type of Services requested by or provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, possible re-enrolment with our Services, the impact on the Services we provide to you if we delete some information from or about you, mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations.
9. Changes to this Policy
Because we’re always developing and improving standards of services we provide to you, this Policy may change over time. We will post the new Policy online and we will change the “Last Updated” date. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices. If any modifications materially change your rights, we will provide notice on the Site or we will notify you by email (sent to the email address specified in your Lemon Spaces Account).
10. Contact Us
For privacy queries, please contact us at email@example.com